The process of preparing Youth Christmas Party in this year leaves some questions in my mind. What would Jesus focus on, and what would Jesus do?
This year is the first time we try to give most decision making to our children in my church, including why and if we will hold the Youth Christmas Party. If you've read my another blog, you should have known that. In the past months, from Nov to Dec, I meet two questions that what and how much I should do for that.
My team is responsible for the play designing. At first, I hoped they can write scripts by themselves, and what I have to do should be discussing with them, praying for them. In fact, my teammates are too busy to handle most of what our team should do, therefore, I cover that. Sometimes, I feel a little sad because I seems to do so much that they have no chance to learn. Maybe I should take a do-nothing attitude. But I am also afraid of the result of my do-nothing is too harmful for them to bear. I know how much time we have and how many things we have to do, and I can't and I'm afraid to expect what will happen if I just stand by but do nothing.
Even though I know that we should focus on the process and wish our children in church could learn something from the process, see more grace from God, and experience something important for themselves, I still focus on the result that we've done everything we should do in the process. Thanks for God, because I know you've done many things for us and you care our every need in the process. I saw that and I felt that in the past months. But that's what I learned, I felt, and I saw from the process. I'm so fear that what I did in this period built a wall between their eyes and God's grace, because what they see are what I do, neither what God helps me to do nor what God helps them to do.
Dear my God, could you tell me what you would do, and what you would focus on?
This year is the first time we try to give most decision making to our children in my church, including why and if we will hold the Youth Christmas Party. If you've read my another blog, you should have known that. In the past months, from Nov to Dec, I meet two questions that what and how much I should do for that.
My team is responsible for the play designing. At first, I hoped they can write scripts by themselves, and what I have to do should be discussing with them, praying for them. In fact, my teammates are too busy to handle most of what our team should do, therefore, I cover that. Sometimes, I feel a little sad because I seems to do so much that they have no chance to learn. Maybe I should take a do-nothing attitude. But I am also afraid of the result of my do-nothing is too harmful for them to bear. I know how much time we have and how many things we have to do, and I can't and I'm afraid to expect what will happen if I just stand by but do nothing.
Even though I know that we should focus on the process and wish our children in church could learn something from the process, see more grace from God, and experience something important for themselves, I still focus on the result that we've done everything we should do in the process. Thanks for God, because I know you've done many things for us and you care our every need in the process. I saw that and I felt that in the past months. But that's what I learned, I felt, and I saw from the process. I'm so fear that what I did in this period built a wall between their eyes and God's grace, because what they see are what I do, neither what God helps me to do nor what God helps them to do.
Dear my God, could you tell me what you would do, and what you would focus on?
No comments:
Post a Comment